Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"By the Seat of My Pants ! "

"I've gotchu COVERED!"

"Bringing up the REAR!"

"...sittin' in a tree...k.i.s.s.i.n.g."

"Peace MAKER"

"HOLY Mackerel!"

"Let's SPLIT!"

"What a RIP off!"

"A KNEE-JERK reaction!"

Patches via ~ PrettyStuff's ~ childhood wardrobe, 
Hobbs's ~ little-boy-fancy clothes,
my college jean's pocket on the knee, 
lots of Liberty prints and cotton embroidery.

Ok, so I have a favorite pair of jeans. I don't even know how old they are. Honestly, they are not that old (or are they Lora?), I just wear them to death...haha literally! They are were Chip & Pepper's "Sorority Girl," but now they are... just hanging on by a thread! I've tried to replace them, but NOTHING fits like these. Even another pair of "Sorority Girls!" Believe me, I've tried! They hang on my hips and baggy in the fanny (what's left of it) to perfection. BUT, when I saw these below today... I wish I could just put mine in a shadowbox frame, hang them on the wall and start over... My patches have patches and they have to be repaired to decency after every washing and it's painfully time consuming.


via ~ Simply Seductive ~

I adore this jacket! It'd look great with my patches!

ps NO, you can't buy my jeans, and I can't fix yours, 
it's hard as heck and so time consuming it blows anybody's budget!

15 comments:

  1. believe me, I've worked on them, but you have no idea how painful it is! maybe i'll get them finished by graduation! maybe you can help next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed meeting you today. Love you, your name and your pants! teehee.
    I'm on my way over to facebook now to brag all about you.
    Ciao!!
    Shabby Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first visit to your blog. Love your art work/jeans!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely adore them so inspirational x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You inspired me to get back to my jeans.. I took a new pair of boyfriend jeans, yup, mens jeans that were close to my size but a tad loose.. then i wahsed, bleached, washed, then ripped on purpose, to give that lived in look, plan on adding lace, silk ribbon embroidery, pearls, seed beads...girly them up.. Now I am motivated.LOVE LOVE your jeans !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing your sweet jeans inspired me to get to working on mine.. I took new mens "boyfriend" jeans and washed, bleached, washed and then sanded and ripped them to get some wear! I plan to add lace, seed pearls, silk ribbon embroidery, etc.. YOU have got my brain in gear NOW.. THANKS.. Love your style !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY Suzie!!! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! email me pics when you're finished!!! Mine are in the patch pile... a little indecent right now... my patches need some patches, but Spring is coming! They are my favorite in the Spring so I'd better get to it!!

      Delete
  7. Hello u all. Wow u all love it same as me. in while ago in 19 years ago, i do that one of my fav jean and patch all up too haha, so i hope i might find pant in somewhere box. then show u all . now u make me thinking yea why not i go and patch up my pant yea yea go grandma haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had jeans just like this when I was a teen...my mom hated them so much that she would throw them away whenever she came across them in the laundry, I was forever fishing them out of the trash - until the day the trash was picked up before I got to them (sob!!) My poor mother, so straight and clean cut, so perplexed she was at how this little hippie chick happened to come out of her womb...

    ReplyDelete
  9. never saw so pretty jeans ;-))...awesome and sooo cool !
    Greetings from Germany
    Geli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ... A split in the rear of my jeans near the pocket needs to be mended. Where do I get step by step instructions on how to patch my jeans as you have done? Nice?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a rip in the seat near the pocket. Is there a tutorial which shows you how to do what you did with your pants. I want to learn how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Vita, it's just layers and layers of patches over years and years of wear. The trick it to patch from the inside when you can, but my patches have patches now. Just hangin' by a thread...NOTE: Wash on gentle cycle!

      Delete

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!